Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc has achieved the following accolades:
- The Wine Spectator of April 2003 rated Rudera Chenin Blanc 2001 87/100.
- The 2001 vintage won a silver medal in the South African Trophy Wine Show 2002 (Top 100 wines); was voted as a South African top 100 wine and scored 4 starts in ICONS, South Africa’s Champion Wines 2003; and scored 4 star rating in the John Platter South African Wines Guide 2003.
- At the 2003 Rendezvous du Chenin in Loire, the Rudera Chenin Blanc 2002 was voted as one of the best expressions of Chenin Blanc in the world. Wine International Magazine 2003 reviewed the 2002 vintage in ‘First Taste’ awarding it 91; and Rudera Chenin Blanc 2002 scored 4 star rating in the John Platter South African Wines Guide 2004.
- Rudera Chenin Blanc 2003 scored 5 star in January 2006 issue of Decanter Magazine and 4 star in Wine International Magazine in ‘First Taste’. At the 2003 Rendezvous du Chenin in Loire, the 2003 Rudera Chenin Blanc was voted as part of the best expressions of Chenin Blanc in the world.
- Proefschrift Juni/Juli/August 2004 reviewed Rudera Chenin Blanc 2003 and it scored 9/10; and it was highlighted as one of South Africa’s top white wines followed by a Gold Medal at Basil Wine Fair. The 2003 vintage scored 4 star rating in the John Platter South African Wines Guide 2005.
- In February 2005 Wine Magazine, the 2004 vintage was in the top seven wines with a 4 star rating at the annual WINE Chenin Challenge. The 2004 vintage scored 4 star rating in the John Platter South African Wines Guide 2006.
- The John Platter South African Wines Guide 2007 awarded the 2005 vintage 4 star. In the March 7, 2007 New York Times, Wines of the times tasting, the Rudera Chenin Blanc 2005 was rated 2 ½ stars (out of 3).
- The John Platter South African Wines Guide 2008, awarded the 2006 vintage 4 star rating.
- The Wine Spectator, April 2009 scored the Rudera Chenin Blanc 2007 90/100; and Platter’s South African Wines Guide 2009
- The Platter’s South African Wines Guide 2010, awarded the 2008 vintage 4 star rating. Rudera Chenin Blanc 2008 scooped one of only five Gold Medals awarded to white wines at the 2010 Santam Classic Wine Trophy awards
- The Platter’s South African Wines Guide 2011, awarded the Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2009 vintage 4 star rating.
- A gold medal has been awarded to the Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2009 at the 2010 Santam Classic Wine Trophy competition.
- In the Wine Enthusiast May 2012 issue The Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2009 scored 90 in the Chenin Blanc line up.
- On the 5th of November 2012, Jancis Robinson scored the Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2009, a score of 16.5 out of 20 at the Theatre of Wine, Alfred the Grape, UK.
- In the CLASSIC WINE Chenin tasting of 2013, the Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2010 was nominated a place among the Top 6 Chenin Blanc’s with no indication of an overall winner.
Rudera de Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2012 shows ripe Golden Delicious apple, nectarines and melon aromas, well supported by the oak, coming through as buttered toast on the nose. It has a rich, creamy texture and balanced acidity on the palate with fresh apple and citrus flavours, following in a long fresh finish.
Drinking exceptionally well now and will gain in intricacy over the next four years.
100% Chenin Blanc
In the Vineyard:
The grapes for De Tradisie are sourced from two separate vineyards. The Polkadraai vineyard is 40 year old vines and consists of a mixed top soil of Oak leave and gravel over clay. It produces the most elegant wine of all the vineyards. The Helderberg vineyard is closest to the sea (3 km as the crow flies) and gets lots of cooling sea breezes. It consists of Table mountain sandstone soils over clay. This vineyard produces very fruity wine, particularly yellow fruit flavours like pear, golden delicious apple and pineapple.
In the Cellar:
The name, De Tradisie (“The Tradition”) was given to this wine because it is so true to our goal to produce wines in a traditional and natural way. The grapes were hand-picked in the early morning at 23 Balling. There was no de-stemming and the grapes went through a natural fermentation without the addition of commercial yeast, enzymes, acids, or fining agents. It is further neither filtered nor cold-stabilised. De Tradisie is an elegant, barrel-fermented Chenin Blanc, made in a dry, refreshing style.
Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2015
Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2013
Rudera de Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2012
Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2011
Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2010
Rudera De Tradisie Chenin Blanc 2009